Thursday, November 13, 2008

Create Decor Elements


I purchased this Decor Elements piece before we left New York. I knew we were moving, so I didn't want to put it up on the walls there. I have finally gotten around to putting it on something. I purchased a canvas panel at http://www.dickblick.com/ They are very reasonable in price. I think I will always buy these to put my Decor Elements on because then it can go anywhere we do.
I would suggest starting a little smaller for your first attempt. The application process takes a little getting used to. This is the large size saying which is approx. 30 inches wide.
I just used an acrylic paint. I believe the color was Basil Green. I wanted kind of a worn look, so I didn't apply the paint evenly and I only used one coat. I used the Baroque Motifs stamp set and white acrylic paint to stamp the top and bottom edges.

1 comment:

  1. OOOHHH I like this idea.. I haven't gotten any of the decor elements.. I keep hoping that they come up with more and different ones... but this idea is great...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! I really appreciate it!