Saturday, November 22, 2008

Friday Night Stamping

I had an idea stuck in my head for a card. Originally I was thinking Halloween for it but I think it worked for winter as well.
Stamp set: Season of Friendship
Paper: Shimmery White and Glossy White card stock
Ink: Basic Black Classic Stampin' Pad, Summer Sun Classic Stampin' Pad, More Mustard Classic Stampin' Pad, Night of Navy Classic Stampin' Pad and White Craft Ink
Accessories: 1 3/8" circle punch, stipple brush, Aqua Painter and a brayer

I started out by punching a circle in some typing paper with the 1 3/8" punch. I placed the typing paper over the glossy card stock and used the stipple brush to fill the circle in with Summer Sun. I used More Mustard on the right side of the circle for a little contrast. I then stamped the trees in Basic Black. I used the circle that I punched out and placed it over the circle of Summer Sun to mask it off for brayering. I also cut masks out of typing paper for the trees. I then loaded my brayer with Night of Navy and brayered over the glossy card stock. I went both horizontally and vertically. I then stamped the snowflakes in the White craft ink. I used my Aqua Painter (with no water) in the White Craft ink to paint the limbs of the trees. I used a cotton swab to color the snow at the base of the card. I have to make a little confession...I smudged one of the snowflakes, so I decided to run my finger through all of the snowflakes to make it look like they were falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! I really appreciate it!