Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mom's Day Take 3


This is my card for my step-mom, Sharon.
Stamps: Fresh Cuts
Paper: Very Vanilla, Glossy White, and Brushed Gold
Ink: Gold Encore, Vanilla Craft ink, Creamy Caramel Reinker, Old Olive Reinker and Really Rust Reinker
Accessories: Heat tool, Scallop edge punch, Clear Detail Embossing powder, Crafters' tool kit
Rubbing alcohol and cotton balls
Just in case you don't know how to do the Polished Stone technique...take your cotton balls and wet them with alcohol. Squeeze out the cotton ball so that it isn't dripping wet. Use reinkers to place dots of color on the cotton ball (I used 3 colors here). Pounce the cotton ball onto the glossy white cardstock. I turn the cotton ball in different directions as I pounce to spread the color. When you start to notice that the color isn't transferring, re-wet the cotton ball and put more ink on. Repeat this process until the glossy cardstock is covered. Usually one of the colors of reinkers is a metallic one. When the metallic ink mixes with the alcohol you get a nice veined effect. I used the Gold Metallic ink on top to stamp with, so I just used the regular reinkers for the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! I really appreciate it!